EDWIN THOMAS CAMPBELL, mechanical dentist, Toronto, was born in that
city- on the 17th of September, 186.
He is the son of George Campbell. He was educated at the Toronto Model School, and in i88o began the study- of mechanical dentistry in the office of J. B. How. Since that time he has given his attention to the higher grades of this line of dentistry°. In 1888 he opened a Public Dental Laboratory= to meet the wants of the profession, the better class of which have duly appreciated his efforts to advance this particular branch of the business, as lie now receives work from not only- Ontario, but throughout the Dominion. So far as known it is the only institution of its kind in Canada that manufactures gold, rubber, celluloid and aluminum plates, gold and porcelain crowns, bridge work, and the various appliances for regulating the malformation of the teeth. Mr. Campbell has already acquired an extensive business, which is daily increasing as his laboratory- becomes more widely known He was married on the 1-7th of